Vibrant America COVID-19 Test (Serum)
Test Company: Vibrant America
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: At Home (Mobile Phlebotomy) or In Lab
Key Details To Know
- Test is done via serum collection via a phlebotomist
- The phlebotomy cost has NOT been paid for (extra cost)
- Turnaround time for the test is 24-48 hours.
- This test is currently validated only for serum collection; fingerpick collection is not yet available
- You'll need to schedule phlebotomy to get this test- which you can do either at an in-person clinic or through mobile phlebotomy- where they come to you.
- You'll need to bring the kit with you.
- You can find a directory of phlebotomists near you here.
- Note: there may be an extra fee associated with the blood draw.
- Your kit has been prepaid (not including phlebotomy). You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- You do not need to pay for shipping. There is a prepaid return label on the envelope.
- Please ship test ASAP after completion. (Your phlebotomist or provider will usually ship this out for you)
- Your provider will notify you when results are in.
I f you are using a phlebotomist in office or a mobile phlebotomist:
- The phlebotomist must follow CDC guidelines for drawing blood samples for COVID-19:
Interim Infection Control Guidance on COVID-19 for Personnel at Blood and Plasma Collection Facilities
- Only 1 SST tube per patient is required; please do not send more than one tube of blood per patient
- You may use existing Vibrant blood kits and SST tubes you have in your practice
- If using existing boxes or supplies, please print the attached label and affix it to the outside of the return shipping box along with the existing return shipping label on the box; this additional label must be on ALL boxes containing COVID-19 samples sent to Vibrant America
- Do not place any specimens in the return box that are not for COVID-19 testing; only samples with COVID-19 orders may be sent in the same box to the lab; samples for other testing ordered will be rejected if sent with COVID-19 testing samples
- You can place as many as 20 SST tubes in the shipping boxes, including biohazard bags and order forms for each patient
- Vibrant does not offer clinical support or interpretation for this test; please refer to the CDC website for questions about interpretation and medical intervention protocol: Interim Clinical Guidance for Management of Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)