190 IgG Map W/. Candida
Test Company: The Great Plains Laboratory
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: In Lab
Key Things to Know:
- This is a blood draw food allergy test. You will have to schedule a blood draw.
- Hydrate with plenty of water (2-4 eight ounce cups) a few hours prior to collection
- Discuss with your healthcare provider if you are taking blood thinning medications or if you have a blood clotting disorder
- Put the gel pack in the freezer at least 4 hours before your blood draw.
- Send the sample Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed over the weekend
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Please refer to the Instructions Sheet from Great Plains Labs.
- Find it attached to this article
Prior to shipping your sample:
- Put the vials into the provided sleeves. Put these into the biohazard zip-lock bag, insert absorbent sheet, and close.
- Insert frozen gel pack into biohazard zip-lock bag.
- Fold and place the completed Test Requisition Form in the outside pocket of the biohazard zip-lock bag containing the blood samples. Insert biohazard zip-lock bag into the cardboard box.
- When the box is ready to ship note the shipping/tracking number if you would like to track the package at www.fedex.com.
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 for pickup. Mention you need to schedule a pick-up using a billable stamp. Do not put kits in a FedEx drop box.
- Send the sample Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed over the weekend.
- Your practitioner will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from The Great Plains Laboratory
If you have any specific questions on collecting your sample, please reach out to Great Plains Labs at (913) 341-8949.