Tickborne- Lyme & TBRF- Serum
Test Company: Vibrant America
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: In Lab
Key Things to Know
- You'll need to get your blood drawn by a licensed healthcare practitioner for this sample. This can be done in a clinic setting, or by having a phlebotomist come to you. There's often an additional cost involved with the blood draw.
- You can find a blood draw center here.
- Here is a resource when scheduling an appointment.
- You'll need to bring the frozen packs with you to the blood draw as well as the entire kit and paperwork.
- The person who draws your blood will help you ship the kit back. It's shipped via Fedex overnight delivery, and can be shipped any day M-F.
- Read below for more detailed instructions
- It is recommended that you fast for 10-12 hours prior to the test. You can still drink water during this time. It is best to ask your practitioner if you should fast or not.
- If there are any special instructions from your practitioner, they'll be sent to you via email.
Collection Instructions & Videos
You'll need to go into a blood draw center to get your blood drawn for this test. You can either go to an in-person draw site or have a mobile phlebotomist come to you. There may be an extra fee associate with this.
- Locating Vibrant-contracted Blood Draw Centers
- Specimen collection & handling instructions attached here .
Packing the Sample
- Place FROZEN ice pack(s) on the BOTTOM of the styrofoam
cooler in your shipping box
- Place sealed biohazard bag(s) on top of the ice pack(s)
- Place FROZEN ice packs on TOP of sealed biohazard bags.
- The sample can be shipped back to Vibrant America Monday-Friday
- The person who draws your blood will generally ship the kit out on your behalf
- If you miss the Fedex pickup window on the day the sample was collected, your sample can be refrigerated until you can ship it out the following day.
- If this happens on a Friday, you can refrigerate the sample over the weekend and ship it out on the following Monday
- Call Physician Services at 866-364-0963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule a pick up or if you have any questions.
- You'll get the results for all pieces of the custom panel at the same time.
- Lab results take 7-10 business days to come in after the sample is received at the lab
- If an Infection Panel is included, results can take 10-14 business days.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Vibrant America
- Contact our team at email@example.com or by calling or texting 7703311115.