IgG Food Allergy w/ Candida (94)
Test Company: The Great Plains Labratory
Test Type: Blood Spot
Collection Location: In Lab
IgG (immunoglobulin G) test results can aid in the structuring of elimination diets that may relieve symptoms of many chronic neurological, gastrointestinal, and movement disorders. IgG antibodies are present in all body fluids and serve as a first line of defense against infection, but do not release histamine or produce the familiar immediate hypersensitivity reactions of itching, hives, flushing, or sneezing associated with classic IgE allergic reactions. In contrast, IgG antibodies may have more subtle immune effects, ranging from gastrointestinal bloating and nausea to headaches, mood changes, and fatigue. Unknowingly, people may continue to eat “offending” foods, not connecting delayed reactions to the foods eaten perhaps hours or days before.
Key Things to Know:
- This is a blood draw food allergy test. You will have to schedule a blood draw.
- Hydrate with plenty of water (2-4 eight ounce cups) a few hours prior to collection
- Discuss with your healthcare provider if you are taking blood thinning medications or if you have a blood clotting disorder
- Put the gel pack in the freezer at least 4 hours before your blood draw.
- Send the sample Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed over the weekend
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Please refer to the Instructions Sheet from Great Plains Labs.
- Find it attached to this article
Prior to shipping your sample:
- Put the vials into the provided sleeves. Put these into the biohazard zip-lock bag, insert absorbent sheet, and close.
- Insert frozen gel pack into biohazard zip-lock bag.
- Fold and place the completed Test Requisition Form in the outside pocket of the biohazard zip-lock bag containing the blood samples. Insert biohazard zip-lock bag into the cardboard box.
- When the box is ready to ship note the shipping/tracking number if you would like to track the package at www.fedex.com.
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 for pickup. Mention you need to schedule a pick-up using a billable stamp. Do not put kits in a FedEx drop box.
- Send the sample Monday through Thursday. Extra shipping charges will apply for Saturday deliveries (Friday shipments), and the sample may become compromised due to the lab being closed over the weekend.
- Your practitioner will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from The Great Plains Laboratory
- Read About the Test
- List of Analytes Tested For
If you have any specific questions on collecting your sample, please reach out to Great Plains Labs at (913) 341-8949.