Tickborne Complete + Mycotoxins
Lab Company: Vibrant Wellness
Sample Type: Whole Blood, Serum, Urine
Collection Location: In Lab (Phlebotomy Required), At Home
This panel combines Vibrant Wellness' Tickborne Complete and Mycotoxins tests. The Tickborne Complete determines the presence of tick-borne diseases, while the Mycotoxins test determines toxic mold exposure.
|🔑 Key Details||📦 Shipping|
|⏰ Preparation & Timing||📊 Results|
|🧪 Collection Instructions||📚 More Resources|
| 💳 Requisition & Payment
- Blood sample collection must be performed by a phlebotomist, Monday - Friday.
- More information on scheduling a blood draw can be found HERE.
- You may need to pay an additional fee for phlebotomy.
- Fasting is not required.
- Do not collect your urine sample while menstruating.
Preparation & Timing
- If you are currently taking (or have recently taken) any of the following medications, consult your healthcare provider regarding the timing of collection. These medications can cause falsely low or high antibody results.
- Immunosuppressive medications
- Biologic agents
- Other immunomodulating medications
Preparing for Your Urine Collection
- Do not collect samples while menstruating.
- Fasting is not required. However, fasting for 12 hours may increase the excretion of mycotoxins.
- Please consult your healthcare practitioner prior to fasting.
- Do not drink more than 8 oz water 1 hour prior to urine collection.
Preparing for Your Blood Collection
- Blood collection must be performed Monday - Friday only by a phlebotomist.
- Fasting is not required.
- Freeze the provided ice packs for at least 24 hours prior to your blood draw.
- Bring the frozen ice packs, urine sample, and test kit to your blood draw appointment.
- Collect your first morning urine into the provided urine collection cup.
- Collect before eating or drinking.
- If you must drink something, drink less than 8 oz water.
- Open the specimen tube.
- Use the pipette to transfer the urine from the cup to the specimen tube.
- Fill to the top of the tube label.
- Recap the specimen tube by pushing down and twisting slightly.
- Discard the remaining urine and the urine collection cup.
- Write your name, date of birth, and the date and time of collection on the tube label.
- Place the label onto the specimen tube.
- Place the specimen tube into the biohazard bag and seal it completely.
- Bring the test kit, frozen ice packs, urine sample, and completed test requisition form to your blood draw appointment.
- The phlebotomist will collect, prepare, and ship your samples for you.
- Your test kit may come with more tubes than needed. Please have the phlebotomist check the collection instructions and your test requisition form to determine the correct tubes to draw.
Requisition & Payment
- Your kit has been prepaid. You may need to pay an additional fee for phlebotomy.
- Instructions on how to fill out your requisition can be found HERE.
- Since you pre-paid for your tests, you do not need to fill in the payment information on any of these forms.
- Make a note of the tracking number on the included return label so that you can track your samples back to the lab.
- The phlebotomist will ship your samples back to the lab using the mailing materials included in the test kit.
- Your samples must be shipped Monday - Friday only.
- Please be sure to bring the frozen ice packs and your urine sample to your appointment to include in the shipping box.
- If the phlebotomist will not ship your urine sample,
- Place the urine specimen tube into the biohazard bag.
- Place the completed requisition form into the back pocket of the biohazard bag.
- Place the biohazard bag into the provided return bubble mailer.
- Return via FedEx as soon as possible, Monday - Friday only.
- Results should be released to your provider 7-14 days after samples are received at the lab. We cannot guarantee processing time.
- Your provider will notify you when your results are in and schedule a follow-up appointment for you to review them together.
- Your provider may choose to release your results to you. Rupa cannot release your results without provider authorization.
- Test Information Pages
- Collection Information