Lab Company: Sanesco & NeuroLab
Sample Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
The Cortisol Profile assesses cortisol levels throughout the day.
|🔑 Key Details||📦 Shipping|
|⏰ Preparation & Timing||📊 Results|
|🧪 Collection Instructions||📚 More Resources|
| 💳 Requisition & Payment
- Collect all of your samples on the same day.
- Ship your samples via FedEx within 7 days of collection.
- Avoid alcohol, topical hormones, and strenuous exercise on the day of collection.
Preparation & Timing
- The day before collection
- Avoid alcohol for at least 12 hours prior to the start of sample collection.
- The day of collection
- Avoid applying topical hormones.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Avoid napping for 90 minutes or longer.
- Avoid the following activities for at least 1 hour prior to each saliva collection.
- Chewing gum
- Brushing your teeth
- Drinking anything but water
You will collect four saliva collections throughout the day. Proper timing is important.
- Collection 1 - GREEN tube
- 1 hour after waking
- Collection 2 - RED tube
- Before lunch
- Collection 2 must be 4-5 hours after Collection 1.
- Collection 3 - YELLOW tube
- Before dinner
- Collection 3 must be 4-5 hours after Collection 2.
- Collection 4 - BLUE tube
- Before bed
- Collection 4 must be 4-5 hours after Collection 3.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Wait 10 minutes before starting your collection.
- Open the appropriate tube (see the schedule and tube colors above).
- Pool saliva in your mouth.
- If you have trouble producing saliva, try
- Thinking about your favorite food.
- Smelling lemons or lemon juice.
- Carefully spit saliva into the tube.
- Fill the tube to the fill line (not including bubbles).
- The liquid part of your sample should reach the fill line.
- Close the tube tightly.
- Place the tube in the freezer immediately.
- The sample should be frozen for a minimum of 4 hours prior to shipping.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for each of the four saliva collections.
- If you have the CARE Report add-on, see the instructions HERE.
Requisition & Payment
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- Instructions on how to fill out your requisition can be found HERE.
- Since you pre-paid for your tests, you do not need to fill in the payment information on any of these forms.
- Samples should be shipped within 7 days of collection.
- To prepare your samples for shipping,
- Place the completed test requisition form into the outside compartment of the specimen bag.
- Place the four saliva sample tubes into the specimen bag.
- Do NOT remove the absorbent sheet.
- Seal the specimen bag.
- Place the specimen bag into the white shipping box.
- Do not include any ice packs.
- Seal the white shipping box.
- Place the prepaid shipping label on the box.
- Make a note of the tracking number so that you can track your samples back to the lab.
- You can take your samples to the nearest FedEx location for them to be shipped back to the lab.
- Results should be released to your provider 7-10 business days after samples are received at the lab. We cannot guarantee processing time.
- Your provider will notify you when your results are in and schedule a follow-up appointment for you to review them together.