Test Company: Precision Analytical
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
The DUTCH Complete is an advanced hormone test, offering an extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones and melatonin, along with their metabolites, to identify symptoms of hormonal imbalances. Easily collected in the comfort of a patient's own home, samples are then sent to our lab to be processed. The DUTCH Complete provides a complete assessment of hormonal health.
Key Details To Know
- Test is done via urine sample at home
- You may need a specific diet up to 72 hours before
- Plan to complete your sample over 24 hours - 1 full day of testing for saliva with 5 saliva samples (needs to be done on a specific day of your cycle)
- Samples need to be shipped within 24 hours of completion
- If you have an irregular cycle - watch this video to determine when to take your DUTCH Complete
Planning & Timing
- Take during your most “normal” sleep / wake schedule
- Men & non-cycling women: can take any day
- Women with a cycle: Need to coordinate timing with menstrual cycle. If irregular cycle - watch this video
- Collect on days 19-21 of a 28 day cycle.
- If your cycle is longer or shorter, simply add or subtract the amount of days different. Example: 25 day cycle collects between days 16-19
- If you have an irregular cycle or are not sure if you are still cycling: purchase an ovulation predictor kit from you local drugstore. Take this test everyday until you see the first FAINT sign of ovulation. Count 5-7 days from this first faint positive and that is your collection window.
- Plan for sampling over ~24 hours (4-5 samples & each needs to dry for at least 24 hours before shipping)
- Label each sample as you go
- Discontinue/avoid 72 hours before collection:
- Avocados, bananas, pineapple, pineapple juice, plantains, plums, eggplant, kiwi, butternuts, pecans, and walnuts
- Need to watch fluid intake for the 24 hours you’re sampling (detailed instructions in guide)
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol on collection day and the night before.
- Avoid exercise on collection day.
- Message Rupa Team or call DUTCH at 503-687-2050 if you’re taking:
- Tyrosine, L-Dopa, D,L-Phenylalanine (DLPA), Mucuna or Quercetin
- If you’re taking other hormones, read specific hormone instructions on the sample instructions and consult your doctors whether to discontinue or not
- Read more detailed instructions on the lab company’s instructions sheet
Collection Instructions & Videos
Most Common Mistakes
- Make sure to let the strips dry completely before sending
- If you are a cycling women, make sure to collect on the correct days.
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- You will need to provide 8 stamps to return your samples to the lab.
- Please provide 8 stamps to return the samples back to the lab.
- Please ship ALL tests within 24 hours or ASAP after completion. If many cases, you wait even a few days, the sample will be discarded.
Note on Caffeine
- You CAN have caffeine on the morning of collection day 2, as long as it's at least two hours before the noon sample. Note that you should discontinue all caffeine after the noon sample.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Precision Analytical