Heavy Metals - Dried Urine
Test Company: Ayumetrix
Test Type: Dired Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- First collection is upon waking. Prepare for collection the night before.
- Do not discontinue prescription medications without first consulting your physician.
- It is recommended that you omit fish and shellfish from your diet for 72 hours prior to collecting the urine specimen.
- You should also refrain from taking non-essential medications and dietary supplements for 48 hours prior to and during the specimen collection.
- Refrain from drinking more than 8 oz water in the hour before each dried urine strip collection to allow your urine to concentrate.
- Female patients should not collect urine during a menstrual period.
- Write your name, collection date and time in the space provided on the collection card.
- Collect sample either by directly urinating onto the filter paper until it is fully soaked, or by collecting urine in a clean cup and dipping the filter paper up to the topmost marking on the paper.
- After saturating the filter paper with urine sample, tape it or hang dry. The filter paper should not touch anything while drying.
- Allow to dry completely for a minimum of 4-6 hours. The top flap should be closed only after the filter paper has completely dried. Place the sample in the Ziplock bag with desiccant provided with the collection kit and store it in the refrigerator until mailed.
A prepaid return shipping label is provided. You do not need to pay for return shipping.
Be sure to let samples dry completely before shipping.
- Your provider will notify you when results are ready.