NutrEval Add On: Genomic SNP - MTHFR Combined
Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine and Blood
Collection Location: At Home and In Lab
A Comprehensive Test for Identifying Nutritional Deficiencies
NutrEval FMV® (First Morning Void) test identifies key nutritional deficiencies. The NutrEval FMV evaluates overall nutritional status to determine personalized supplementation needs for antioxidants, B-vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, digestive support, and other select nutrients.
The NutrEval FMV is an advanced diagnostic tool to guide nutritional therapies, often augmenting and speeding recovery of complex chronic conditions. Select genomics biomarkers may be added to the profile for enhanced personalization of therapies.
Key Things to Know:
- This test requires both urine and blood. You'll need to go into a phlebotomist or to your practitioner's office to get the blood drawn. Everything needs to be shipped out together.
- You'll need to freeze the 2 Urine Tubes overnight prior to the morning of the blood draw.
- You must fast overnight prior to your blood draw.
- There is a saliva swab included with the kit, but this is only relevant if you have genomics add-ons included in your test.
- The Rupa team should contact you with instructions on when and where to complete blood draw.
Important Prep Before Patient Takes Test
Medications May Impact Results
Do not discontinue any medication without first speaking with your physician.
4 Days Before The Test
Discontinue all of the following (unless instructed otherwise by your physician).
24 Hours Before The Test
At Least 8 Hours Before The Test
The Day of The Test
Collection Instructions & Videos
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics