Comprehensive Urine Elements Profile - 24-hour
Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- Female patients should not collect urine during a menstrual period.
- 2 Days before the test discontinue all of the following (unless instructed otherwise by your physician):
- Supplements containing creatinine, vitamin C or any mineral elements measured on this test
- Other substances that may influence urinary element excretion of elements
- Seafood (unless asked to continue by your healthcare provider)
- Continue with the above food restrictions until your sample is completely collected
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- FOR 24-HOUR COLLECTION: Skip the first urination after arising on the first day of the test. Collect all subsequent urinations for the next 24 hours, including your first urination of the next day. Refrigerate jug through 24 hour collection period.
Requisition & Payment
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics