Toxic Element Clearance Profile - 24-Hour
Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
The Toxic Element Clearance Profile is a toxic exposure test which measures urinary excretion of a diverse range of potentially harmful elements. Both well-known toxics such as lead and mercury, and new technology toxins such as niobium are assessed in this toxic element test.
The Toxic Element Clearance Profile offers an advanced, comprehensive assessment of toxic and potentially toxic elements excreted in the urine. In addition to measuring classic elemental toxins, this profile includes elements used in medical, aerospace, nuclear, and high-tech electronic industries. Use of these potential toxins is increasing because of their growing commercial, industrial, and medical applications.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Collection Instructions are attached and can also be found here
- Make sure to read instructions for the 24-hour collection.
Important Preparation Before Collecting Sample
Female patients should not collect urine during a menstrual period.
2 Days before the test discontinue all of the following (unless instructed otherwise by your physician):
- Supplements containing creatinine, vitamin C or any mineral elements measured on this test
- Other substances that may influence urinary element excretion of elements
- Seafood (unless asked to continue by your healthcare provider)
- Continue with the above food restrictions until your sample is completely collected
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Once sample is received at the lab, results are typically ready within 7 days
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics