Menopause™ with CAR
Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- One hour prior to collection do not eat, brush or floss your teeth, use mouthwash, chew gum or use any tobacco products. You may drink ONLY water during this time.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- It is important that you collect saliva during the specified time frame. Collect saliva gradually over the 2-hour collection period. For example, spitting approximately every half hour until the collection tube is full.
- If you have difficulty producing enough saliva for the tube, press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth against your teeth. Yawning can also generate saliva.
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Plan to ship the specimen Monday – Friday overnight delivery only.
- Call 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) to schedule shipping. When the automated system asks “How may I help you?” say “Return a Package.” Tell the FedEx representative “I am using a billable stamp” and they will walk you through the process and make it easy.
- Seal the frozen saliva tube and the pad in the biohazard bag and place it in the clear plastic box. • Place your completed and signed requisition form on top of the biohazard bag and close plastic box. Do NOT staple or tape box.
- Print your name and address in the section marked “From” on the prepaid shipping envelope label. DO NOT mark or write in any other sections.
- Put the kit box into the prepaid mailing envelope and seal the envelope.
- Keep your shipment and tracking numbers for future reference and tracking purposes.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics