Lab Company: Diagnostic Solutions
Sample Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
The Gastrointestinal Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP) is a test designed to measure a patient’s gastrointestinal microbiota DNA. It detects microbes that may be disturbing normal microbial balance or contributing to illness, as well as indicators of digestion, adsorption, inflammation, and immune function.
|🔑 Key Details||📦 Shipping|
|⏰ Preparation & Timing||📊 Results|
|🧪 Collection Instructions||📚 More Resources|
| 💳 Requisition & Payment
- No special preparation or timing is needed.
- Do not discard the pink liquid in the specimen vial.
- Ensure you fill the specimen vial to the red “fill line.”
- Samples will be shipped in the provided, prepaid FedEx Clinical Pak Mailer.
- Samples can only be shipped Monday - Friday.
- Samples must be received by the lab within 6 days of collection.
- Do not freeze your sample.
Preparation & Timing
- Continue taking all medications unless otherwise directed by your provider.
- This test can be taken at any time.
- Write your name, date of birth, and collection date on the specimen vial.
- Write your date of birth on the ID Number line.
- If possible, urinate prior to collecting stool.
- Put gloves on and pass stool into the provided collection tray.
- Open the specimen vial. DO NOT discard the pink liquid in the specimen vial.
- Using the spoon attached to the cap of the vial, spoon stool from multiple areas of the sample into the vial.
- Collect from at least 4 areas going left to right.
- Fill the specimen vial to the red “fill line” indicated on the label.
- It may not be processed if there is not enough of your sample.
- Carefully mix stool and the pink fluid with the spoon attached to the cap.
- Replace the cap tightly and shake the vial vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place the completed test requisition form into the document holder of the specimen bag.
- Place the capped specimen vial into the specimen bag along with the absorbent pad.
- Seal the specimen bag.
- Place the specimen bag into the kit box.
- Place the kit box into the provided FedEx Clinical Pak Mailer.
Requisition & Payment
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- Instructions on how to fill out your requisition can be found here.
- Since you pre-paid for your tests, you do not need to fill in the payment information on any of these forms.
- Ship the sample using the provided, prepaid FedEx Clinical Pak Mailer.
- To schedule a FedEx pickup, call 1-800-463-3339.
- When the automated greeting begins, say, “Schedule a pickup.”
- When asked if your label has the word “Stamp” on it, say, “Yes.”
- Let them know you are shipping using a Billable Stamp.
- Your tracking number can be found on the Return Label.
- Samples may only be shipped Monday through Friday.
- Sample must be received by the lab within 6 days of collection.
- If you cannot ship the specimen on the day of collection, refrigerate the sample (DO NOT freeze) and ship within 3 days.
- Make a note of your tracking number (found on the Return Label) to ensure it arrives at the lab within 6 days of collection. It should arrive with overnight shipping.
- Results should be released to your provider 5-10 business days after samples are received at the lab. We cannot guarantee processing time.
- Your provider will notify you when your results are in and schedule a follow-up appointment for you to review them together.
- Your provider may choose to release your results to you. Rupa cannot release your results without provider authorization.