96 Food Panel: IgE
Test Company: US BioTek
Test Type: Dried Blood Spot OR Serum. Make sure you know which one you're supposed to do, as each kit contains both sample options.
Collection Location: At Home OR in Lab, depending on sample type.
Food allergies and sensitivities are recognized to be correlated with many plaguing health conditions, but with proper identification and elimination of offending foods, many experience relief from their symptoms. Our antibody assessment panels can serve as useful tools in the identification of trigger foods in individuals.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Read Collection Instructions
- PDF of collection instructions are attached to this article
- Avoid strong repetitive pressure (’milking’) on the pricked finger. This may cause hemolysis or tissue-fluid contamination of the specimen.
- Do not rub or smear the blood sample.
- Air dry only.
- Missing or incomplete information on the test requisition form will delay the processing time of your specimen.
- There is a $15 fee for insufficient or unlabeled specimens received.
- Allow a sufficient quantity of blood to soak through to completely fill in the preprinted circle on the filter paper.
- Test results are sent directly to your practitioner’s office and may take 5–10 business days from the date your specimen is received by the lab.
- US Biotek does not accept specimens from New York and Pennsylvania
Key Things To Know
- The kit contains a silver bag containing a desiccant and a humidity indicator. To preserve the integrity of the desiccant, do not leave the bag open before, during, or after blood collection. Do not use the kit when ALL circles on the humidity indicator are pink. Leave the humidity indicator and desiccant inside the bag with the collected specimen and seal the bag tightly for shipment.
- The materials provided in the kit are for one time use only. Do not reuse the lancet. Do not reuse or use the blood collection paper for more than one blood sample.
- Do not perform this test if you are taking blood thinning medications or if you have a blood clotting disorder unless authorized by your healthcare practitioner.
- The lancet is not suggested for use on children younger than one year old. Pediatric lancets and heelsticks are available upon request.
- Blood samples should not be collected from swollen or previously punctured sites, earlobes or fifth fingers. The fifth finger must not be punctured because the tissue-depth is insufficient to prevent bone injury.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from US BioTek