Glyphosate – Urine
Test Company: The Great Plains Labratory
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Glyphosate is the world’s most widely produced herbicide and is the primary toxic chemical in Roundup™, as well as in many other herbicides. In addition, it is a broad-spectrum herbicide that is used in more than 700 different products from agriculture and forestry to home use. Glyphosate was introduced in the 1970s to kill weeds by targeting the enzymes that produce the amino acids tyrosine, tryptophan, and phenylalanine. The enzymes of many bacteria are also susceptible to inhibition by this chemical, thus altering the flora of many animals. Usage of glyphosate has since amplified, after the introduction of genetically modified (GMO) glyphosate-resistant crops that can grow well in the presence of this chemical in soil.
Key Things To Know:
- This test is done via urine sample at home.
- You'll need to collect your sample first thing in the morning, prior to eating or drinking anything if possible.
- You'll need to feeze the urine specimen for a minimum of 4 hours before shipping. Keep in freezer until ready to ship. Ship with frozen gel pack.
- The kit will be shipped back to the lab via Fedex Pickup that you'll need to schedule. See instructions below.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Watch a Video on Collection Instructions
- Read a PDF of Collection Instructions
- PDF of instructions is also attached.
Screw lid on tightly. Freeze urine specimen for a minimum of 4 hours before shipping. Keep in freezer until ready to ship. Ship with frozen gel pack.
- Fill out the Test Requisition Form (TRF). Please PRINT clearly.
- Print the patient’s full name, time and collection date on the side of the urine cup (and amber tube and blue specimen vial if provided).
- Place urine specimen(s) into the biohazard zip-lock bag along with the absorbent packing sheet. Place frozen gel pack and urine sample(s) into the silver thermo bag. Place the silver thermo bag into the box. Fold and place the completed TRF in the box and close the lid. Place the box in the FedEx Clinical Pak. Note: The urine sample MUST be in the cardboard box or the shipment will be rejected by FedEx.
- Seal the FedEx Clinical Pak. Please take note of the shipping/tracking number if you would like to track the package.
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 for pickup. Mention you have a prepaid bag for overnight delivery
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from The Great Plains Labratory