Test Company: Diagnostic Solutions
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Overwhelmingly, research indicates that gut health impacts overall health. The gut microbiome, in particular, plays a critical role in mediating the effects of diet and other factors on health, including digestive, immune, metabolic and neuroendocrine functions. Assessing GI health with the proper tools can help practitioners get to the root cause of chronic illness.
The GI-MAP (Microbial Assay Plus) is unique in the field of comprehensive stool testing. It relies exclusively on quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) technology to detect parasites, bacteria, fungi, and more, by targeting the specific DNA of the organisms tested.
Collection Instructions & Videos
Key Details To Know
- Test is done via an at-home stool test
- You should ideally ship the sample out the same day you collect it.
- You can alternatively refrigerate (not freeze) the sample and send it in within 3 days of collection
- The sample can only be shipped out M-F.
- You'll need to fill in the date of collection on the requisition form
Planning & Timing
No special directions on planning or timing from Diagnostic Solutions.
DO NOT discontinue taking prescription medications unless directed by your physician.
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- You do not need to pay for shipping. There is a prepaid return label on the envelope.
- You must ship out the stool sample within 3 days of collecting it, and it must be received by the lab within 6 days. If needed, you can refridgerate the sample but do NOT put it in the freezer.
- Specimen may be shipped Monday-Friday.
- Call Fedex to schedule pickup for your sample.
US – Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 to Schedule Your Pickup
- When the automated greeting begins say, “Rep.”
- When asked if you are shipping a package say, “Yes,” and a live person will then answer to help schedule your pickup.
- Let them know you are shipping using a Billable Stamp.
- The current turnaround time for the GI Map is stated in the banner on their home-page, but generally takes 1-2 weeks.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Diagnostic Solutions