Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Introducing the GI360™ Profile: an innovative, comprehensive and clinically-applicable stool profile, utilizing multiplex PCR molecular technology coupled with growth-based culture and ID by MALDI-TOF, sensitive biochemical assays and microscopy to detect and assess the status of pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that may be contributing to acute or chronic gastrointestinal symptoms and disease.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- PDF Instructions attached
- Note: there are special instructions for the requisition. An example PDF of the requisition is attached too.
Planning & Timing:
- This test will take 3 days to complete
- Ensure enough time from the following before taking the test:
- 4 weeks from a colonoscopy or barium enema
- 2 weeks from taking Antibiotics, antiparasitics, antifungals, or probiotic supplements, proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and Bismuth
- 2 days Aspirin and other NSAIDs, digestive enzymes, laxatives (particularly mineral oil and castor oil), activated charcoal, betaine HCl, antacids or bentonite clay
- Do not test during menstrual cycle, or if active bleeding from hemorrhoids
See here for test collection steps
- Ideally ship on 3rd day, after freezing sample for 6 hours. If not able to, freeze until shipping
An example req is attached, showing how to fill out the sections. Instructions are also here:
In section 1: Please check off "Practitioner Bill"
In section 2: If the practitioner signature is missing don't worry. The barcode at the top contains their e-signature. You don't need to fill anything out here.
In section 3: Please fill in the date collected, and date shipped. Also check off "GI360" and "Check to Confirm specimens were stored according to instructions".
In section 4: Please fill out your personal information. This is a security step.
1) Ship specimens Monday through Friday. If you complete the collection on the weekend, hold the specimen until the following Monday to ship.
2) Place the cardboard kit box containing the specimens and the completed test requisition form into the FedEx Clinical Pak.
3) Write your name and address in the space provided on the prepaid Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records.
4) To schedule a pickup, call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800- GO FEDEX). When you hear the automated greeting, say “Schedule a Pick-up.” At the next prompt, say “Schedule a Pick-up with a Label or Stamp.” You will then be asked if the word “Stamp” is written on the waybill; reply “Yes”. You will be asked if your pickup location is a residence or a business; respond with your location type. You will then be prompted for your address information.
Do not use a drop box. FedEx will not accept specimens placed into a drop box. If you are located in the United States and choose to use a different courier or level of service than provided or are located outside the United States, you must make your own shipping arrangements at your own expense.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data
Please reach out to the Rupa team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 669-500-0380. We're here to help!