Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Gastrointestinal complaints are among the most common reasons that patients seek medical care. Symptoms associated with GI disorders include persistent diarrhea, constipation, bloating, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and malabsorption. The Comprehensive Stool Analysis is a simple stool test that can help assess digestive and absorptive functions, the presence of opportunistic pathogens and to monitor the efficacy of therapeutic remediation of GI disorders. Antimicrobial susceptibility testing to prescriptive and natural agents is also performed for appropriate bacterial and fungal species at no additional charge.
- Please read all of the directions, and familiarize yourself with the collection procedures. If you are taking antifungal or antibiotic medications, please finish the course of medication, and then wait three days before starting this collection.
- Please refrain from taking digestive enzymes, laxatives (particularly mineral oil and castor oil) antacids, aspirin, and substances containing barium and/or bismuth for two days prior to and during the specimen collection, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- Refrain from taking probiotic supplements for two weeks prior to specimen collection unless instructed otherwise by your physician.
- To properly assess fat absorption, be sure to consume normal amounts of dietary fat.
- Never discontinue prescription medications without first consulting your physician.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Read Collection Instructions
- They are also attached to this article as a PDF
An example req is attached, showing how to fill out the sections. Note that the example req is for a different test, but should also look very similar. Instructions are also here:
In section 1: Please check off "Practitioner Bill"
In section 2: If the practitioner signature is missing don't worry. The barcode at the top contains their e-signature. You don't need to fill anything out here.
In section 3: Please fill in the date collected, and date shipped. Also check off "GI360" and "Check to Confirm specimens were stored according to instructions".
In section 4: Please fill out your personal information. This is a security step.
1) Ship specimens Monday through Friday. If you complete the collection on the weekend, hold the specimen until the following Monday to ship.
2) Place the cardboard kit box containing the specimens and the completed test requisition form into the FedEx Clinical Pak.
3) Write your name and address in the space provided on the prepaid Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records.
4) To schedule a pickup, call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800- GO FEDEX). When you hear the automated greeting, say “Schedule a Pick-up.” At the next prompt, say “Schedule a Pick-up with a Label or Stamp.” You will then be asked if the word “Stamp” is written on the waybill; reply “Yes”. You will be asked if your pickup location is a residence or a business; respond with your location type. You will then be prompted for your address information.
Do not use a drop box. FedEx will not accept specimens placed into a drop box. If you are located in the United States and choose to use a different courier or level of service than provided or are located outside the United States, you must make your own shipping arrangements at your own expense.
- From when the sample arrives at the lab, turnaround time is 6 to 8 days
- We release results directly to your practitioner
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data
Please reach out to the Rupa team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 669-500-0380. We're here to help!