Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Blood Spot
Collection Location: At Home
Identification of SNPs that influence health and disease risk may improve clinical success and allow patients to optimize health and wellness.
The DNA Methylation Pathway Profile allows clinicians to screen their patients for a variety of genetic changes (single nucleotide polymorphisms, or SNPs) that may impact the function of important biochemical processes such as methionine metabolism, detoxification, hormone balance and Vitamin D function. The presence or absence of SNPs may modify disease risk. The risks may be reduced by lifestyle changes, and inefficient biochemical processes can be supported by diet and nutritional supplements to maximize the functions of metabolic pathways.
Key Things to Know:
- This test is done at home via blood spot
- This test requires no special diet
- Do not layer blood on a previously dried spot
- For best results, Doctor’s Data recommends mailing specimens as soon as possible.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Read Collection Instructions
- Instructions PDF also attached to this article at the bottom
- Photo below courtesy of Doctor's Data:
An example req for Doctor's Data is attached, showing how to fill out the sections. (Note: it may be slightly different looking since it's for a different test). Instructions are also here:
In section 1: Please check off "Practitioner Bill"
In section 2: If the practitioner signature is missing don't worry. The barcode at the top contains their e-signature. You don't need to fill anything out here.
In section 3: Please fill in the date collected, and date shipped. Also check off "DNA Methylation" and "Check to Confirm specimens were stored according to instructions".
In section 4: Please fill out your personal information. This is a security step.
- Once sample is received at the lab, turnaround time is 14-21 days
- Your results are released directly to your provider
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data
Please reach out to the Rupa team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 669-500-0380. We're here to help!