Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Hair
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- The test requires no special diet and you do not need to discontinue taking medications or dietary supplements unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Be sure to fill out paperwork completely.
- Fold the collection scale as indicated on the instructions.
- Cut hair from the back of the neck, only save 1 inch closest to the skin and discard the rest.
- Place collected hair on the hair scale until it falls to the side that the hair is on.
- Put the hair into the plastic bag, seal, and send to Doctor’s Data, Inc.
- Your test is already paid for. You do NOT need to provider further payment.
- Ship specimens Monday through Friday. If you complete the collection on the weekend, hold the specimen until the following Monday to ship.
- Write your name and address in the space provided on the prepaid Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records.
- To schedule a pickup, call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800-GO FEDEX). When you hear the automated greeting, say "Schedule a Pick-up." At the next prompt, say "Schedule a Pick-up with a Label or Stamp." You will then be asked if the word "Stamp" is written on the waybill; reply "Yes". You will then be prompted for your address information.
- Do not use a drop box. FedEx will not accept diagnostic specimens placed into a drop box.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data