Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- Wait at least 4 Weeks from colonoscopy or barium enema before starting the test.
- 2 to 4 Weeks Before the Test (do not discontinue medications without speaking with your provider):
- Discontinue antibiotics, antiparasitics, antifungals, probiotic supplements (acidophilus, etc.).
- Discontinue proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), and bismuth 14 Days prior if adding on the H. pylori test.
- 2 Days Before the Test (do not discontinue medications without speaking with your provider):
- Discontinue aspirin and other NSAIDs (i.e. ibuprofen), rectal suppositories, enemas, activated charcoal, bismuth, betaine HCL, digestive enzymes, antacids, laxatives, mineral oil, castor oil, and/or bentonite clay.
- DO NOT collect samples when there is active bleeding from hemorrhoids or menstruation.
- Make sure to collect sample only Sunday through Thursday to be able to ship on a week day. Ship only Monday through Friday, and within 24 hours after final collection.
- Instructions are attached below.
- Make sure to fill out of the the sticker labels provided and attach them to the collection containers.
- Ship only Monday through Friday, and within 24 hours after final collection.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics