Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- 2-4 weeks before the test: Please consult with your physician before stopping any medications. Certain medications and/or supplements may impact test results q Discontinue antibiotics, antiparasitics, antifungals, probiotic supplements (acidophilus, etc.), q Discontinue proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), and bismuth 14 days prior if adding on the H. pyloritest.
- 2 days before the test: Discontinue aspirin and other NSAIDs (i.e. ibuprofen), rectal suppositories, enemas, activated charcoal, bismuth, betaine HCl, digestive enzymes, antacids, laxatives, mineral oil, castor oil, and/or bentonite clay
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Collect stool in collection device.
- Fill the yellow, black, and white capped tubes to the fill line, collecting from different areas of sample.
- DO NOT overfill
- Shake yellow and black capped tubes aggressively.
- Be sure to write appropriate information on sample tubes.
- Fill out collection date:
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics