Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine and Blood
Collection Location: At Home and In Lab
About: This test requires both a blood draw and at home collection of urine.
Planning & Prepping
- It is best to ship your specimen within 24 hours of collection. Please refer to the enclosed shipping instructions before you collect to determine what days you can ship your specimen.
- Decrease fluid intake to avoid excessive dilution of the urine.
- For adults, restrict intake to three 8 oz. glasses or less for 24 hours.
- Make sure that no more than 8 oz. of fluids are consumed after 8:00 the evening prior to urine collection.
- Do Not collect urine during menstruation.
- Vial contains preservative - Do Not Rinse.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Collection instructions for urine and blood draw are attached to the bottom of this page.
- You will need to schedule a blood draw for the other part of your test. We have emailed you information on where to locate on or you can see our lab support page to contact the lab.
- Be sure to fill out all patient info and labels.
- Fill out all information on the Test Requisition Form (located in the pouch on top of the Specimen Collection Kit Box), as well as on all tube(s) and/or vial(s), using a permanent marker.
- Empty bladder before going to bed at night. DO NOT collect this urine.
- Collect urine (if any) during the night and first morning urine into a clean container.
- Transfer the urine, using a fresh disposable eye dropper, into the clear cap plastic vial to the 12 ml mark (DO NOT OVERFILL). Screw the cap on tightly.
- Dispose of the remaining urine.
- Freeze the clear cap plastic vial and the ice packet.
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Place all samples in the biohazard bag and use the prepaid return shipping envelope to ship back using FedEx. Scheduling a FedEx pick up may be required.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics