Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- It is best to ship your specimen within 24 hours of collection. Please refer to the enclosed shipping instructions before you collect to determine what days you can ship your specimen.
- It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements prior to this specimen collection. Abnormalities that may be found will reveal special needs that have not been met by recent dietary and supplemental intake.
- Decrease fluid intake to avoid excessive dilution of the urine » For adults, restrict intake to three 8 oz. glasses or less for 24 hours » Make sure that no more than 8 oz. of this is consumed after 8:00 PM the evening prior to urine collection
- Do not collect urine during menstruation
- Vial contains preservative - Do Not Rinse
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Be sure to completely fill out all paper work and labels.
- Empty bladder before going to bed at night. Do not collect this urine.
- Collect urine (if any) during the night and first morning urine into a clean container.
- Use eyedropper to transport urine into the clear-cap plastic vial to the 12 ml mark (DO NOT OVERFILL). Screw the cap on tightly.
- Dispose of remaining urine.
- Freeze the clear-cap plastic vial and ice pack.
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics