Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- Night Before Collection Day:
- Before you go to sleep on Collection Day, place your collection tube (with a completed label) at your bedside, along with a glass of water and a low level light. Do not turn on a bright light, it will cause your melatonin level to drop.
- One Hour Prior to Collection:
- Do not eat, brush or floss your teeth, use mouthwash, chew gum or use any tobacco products. You may drink ONLY water during this time.
- Your collection schedule is based on the first day of your menstrual cycle (the day menstrual blood flow begins). If you are not experiencing periods, you may start on any day. You may find it helpful to use the enclosed collection calendar to remind you of collection dates.
- Consider waking at 6am on last day of collection.
- If you have difficulty producing enough saliva for the tube, press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth against your teeth. Yawning can also generate saliva.
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Please follow the collection schedule below:
- Be sure to label all collections and fill out all paper work completely.
Requisition & Payment
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics