Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- This is an all day saliva collection that starts right when you wake up.
- If you have difficulty producing enough saliva for the tube, press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth against your teeth. Yawning can also generate saliva.
- The following drugs, herbs and dietary supplements may influence levels of hormones reported in this test: ketoconazole, cimetidine (Tagamet), anastrozole (Arimidex), letrozole (Femara), exemestane (Aromasin), Chrysin, Apigenin, Tribulus terrestris, clomiphene, antiepileptics, digoxin, oral steroids
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Fill out all labels and paperwork provided.
- Be sure to collect to fill line.
- Follow schedule below.
Requisition & Payment
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Please place samples in biohazard bag, then place biohazard bag in clamshell container. Place container in mailing envelope with requisition. No need to send plastic tray.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics