Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- Collection instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- 48 hours before: Avoid eating (whole or ground) flax seeds and sesame seeds before urine collection begins.
- 24 hours before: Avoid over hydration. Aim for average overall fluid intake of 1/2 oz water/fluid per pound of body weight per day. Example: 130 lbs -65 oz. (eight 8 oz. glasses).
- Premenopausal women: If the goal is to evaluate ovulatory function, collect urine between days 19-25 of the menstrual cycle.
- Menopausal women: Collect specimen on any day.
- Women on hormone replacement therapies or oral contraceptives: Continue dosing as usual.
- Follow-up testing: Collect the specimen on the same day of cycle or phase of hormone therapy as the previous sample.
- Avoid contact with the eyes or skin. For contact with eyes, wash for 15 minutes. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Do not inhale or ingest liquid or powder.
- If you wake up to urinate during the night (within six hours of waking), collect with the provided collection cup, or a clean, disposable container, and refrigerate it.
- Upon waking collect your urine into the same cup/container. Fill the cup/container and, pass any additional urine into the toilet.
- Open the white-top cup. Pour urine from the collection cup into the white-top cup to approximately the 100ml mark, and then use the pipette to reach the 120ml mark.
- Screw the white top on the cup tightly to avoid leakage and shake to mix thoroughly. Discard the remaining urine, collection cup, pipette, and glove. Place the white-top
Requisition & Payment
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics