Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
The Adrenocortex Stress Profile (ASP) provides an assessment of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis using carefully timed salivary samples of the hormones cortisol and DHEA. Salivary testing is an easy, non-invasive option to measure unbound, biologically active parent hormone levels. The report offers an easy-to-interpret graphic which plots the results of the cortisol awakening response (CAR) and the natural diurnal rhythm.
Key Things To Know
- The test is done at home via saliva sample
- Consider waking at 6am on day of collection - your 6 saliva samples samples will be collected over an 18-hour period
- Samples must be frozen a minimum of 2 hours prior to shipping. Keep samples frozen until ready to ship.
- The following drugs and supplements may influence hormone levels reported in this test: ketoconazole, clomiphene, phenytoin, steroids, and DHEA supplementation. Let your physician know about these and any other medications and supplements you have used in the past 3 months. Do not change or discontinue medications unless instructed to do so by your healthcare provider
- It is important that you collect saliva during the specified time frame.
- Do not eat or drink anything except water one hour before collecting the samples.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Collection instructions attached and can also be read here
- Note: Do not eat or drink anything except water one hour prior to each collection. Remove all lip balm and lipstick
- Note: make sure you label your collection times on teach tube
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- After the lab has received your sample, results should be ready in 7 days
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics