Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
The Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) is a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening and is distinct from the diurnal rhythm. CAR reflects a person's ability to cope with anticipated challenges and their perception of control around chronic stress. CAR measurement provides insight into HPA axis resiliency.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- PDF of instructions is attached. Make sure to look at the instructions for CAR (Cortisol Awakening Response)
- Read instructions online
Registering your Test Online:
- This can only be done in web, in chrome or Firefox browsers.
- If you're having issues with this, contact Rupa at 669-500-0380, or call Genova directly at (800) 522-4762. Genova customer service is very professional and quick to fix issues.
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Once the lab has received your sample, results will be ready in 7 days
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach us by phone at 669-500-0380.
Call Genova directly with any questions regarding sample collection: 833-856-7827.