Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: In Lab
The Comprehensive Thyroid Assessment is a hormone test that provides a thorough analysis of thyroid hormone metabolism. It includes central thyroid gland regulation and activity, thyroid production and secretion, peripheral thyroid conversion, and thyroid autoimmunity. This hormone test allows the practitioner to pinpoint common imbalances that underlie a broad spectrum of chronic illness. This test analyzes serum levels of TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, anti-TG antibodies, and anti-TPO antibodies to assess central and peripheral thyroid function, as well as thyroid auto-immunity.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Note: you'll need to go to a lab to get your blood drawn for this test. The Rupa Health team will help you find a draw site and get that blood draw scheduled. Please reach out at 669-500-0380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection instructions for the physician drawing the blood are attached to this article.
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Once your sample arrives at the lab, it'll take 7 days to receive results
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics