Test Company: Labrix by Doctor's Data
Test Type: Saliva
Collection Location: At Home
Biomarkers: 10 Tests (E1, E2, E3, Pg, T, D, Cx4)
The Comprehensive Plus Profile expands on the Comprehensive Hormone Profile and includes estrone (E1) and estriol (E3) plus the Estrogen Quotient. Dr. Henry Lemon developed the Estrogen Quotient (EQ) which is a simple ratio of the cancer protective E3 to the proliferative estrogens E1 and E2. According to Dr. Lemon, the EQ provides an assessment of breast cancer risk, with a lower number (<1.0) indicating increased risk, and a higher number (>1.0) signifying a lower risk. Dr. Lemon’s work stated that for maximum protection, an optimal EQ is >1.5. Because the research on the Estrogen Quotient and the protective properties of estriol has not been completed with men, this profile is a consideration for women only. This profile should be considered for patients who have:
- Increased risk of developing breast cancer
- History of breast cancer or other hormonally sensitive cancers
- Personal or family history of autoimmune disease
Key things to know:
- Women with menstrual cycles: Collect 1 day during days 19-23 of a 28-day cycle, counting the first day of your period as day 1
- Everyone else: Collect any day of the month. If you are taking hormones or are on cortisol and/or melatonin supplementation, please read and follow the recommendations listed below
- Last dose should be at least 36 hours before first saliva sample collection.
- CONSULT WITH YOUR PROVIDER for instruction if you are taking a cortisol supplement for adrenal support
Collection Instructions & Videos
- PDF instructions attached
- Watch a video on instructions
Day of Collection
- Do not take any supplements until after you have collected all four samples.
- First saliva collection MUST be 30 minutes after awakening. Set a timer if necessary.
- Do not eat or drink anything 1 hour prior to saliva collection. Do not brush, floss, or have dental work done 30 minutes prior to saliva collection.
- Do not consume food or drinks that contain caffeine.
- Avoid all nuts, fruits, fruit juice, wine, rice and coffee. Before each saliva collection, wash hands and rinse mouth with water, but wait 10 minutes to collect your saliva sample (to avoid dilution.)
- Use of cosmetics, other than “anti-aging” creams is permitted.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Labrix by Doctor's Data