Test Company: Precision Analytical
Test Type: Saliva and Urine
Collection Location: At Home
The DUTCH Plus® looks at the following:
- sex hormones and their metabolites
- The overall diurnal pattern of free cortisol
- The total and distribution of cortisol metabolites
- The Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR)
Key Details To Know
- Test is done via saliva & urine sample at home
- You may need a specific diet up to 72 hours before
- Plan to complete your sample over 24 hours - 1 full day of testing for saliva and urine with 5 saliva samples & 4 urine samples. (needs to be done on a specific day of your cycle)
- Samples need to be shipped within 24 hours of completion
- If you have an irregular cycle - watch this video to determine when to take your DUTCH Plus
Collection Instructions & Videos
Planning & Timing
- Take during your most “normal” sleep / wake schedule
- Women with a cycle: Need to coordinate timing with menstrual cycle. If irregular cycle - watch this video
- Men & non-cycling women: can take any day
- Plan for sampling over ~24 hours (4-5 samples & each needs to dry for at least 24 hours before shipping)
- Label each sample as you go
- Need to watch fluid intake for the 24 hours you’re sampling (detailed instructions in guide)
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol on collection day and the night before.
- Avoid exercise on collection day.
- Do not brush your teeth until after collections #3 and #6.
- Do not floss the day of collection or until ALL samples are collected.
- Discontinue 48 hours before:
- avocado, bananas and fava beans
- oral DHEA
- Discontinue 72 hours before:
- any oral estrogen or pregnenolone (except birth control - keep doing this)
- Message Rupa Team if you’re taking:
- Tyrosine, L-Dopa, D,L-Phenylalanine (DLPA), Mucuna or Quercetin
- If you’re taking other hormones, read specific hormone instructions on the sample instructions
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- You do not need to pay for shipping. There is a prepaid return label on the envelope.
- Please ship ALL tests within 24 hours or ASAP after completion. If many cases, you wait even a few days, the sample will be discarded.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Precision Analytical