Test Company: US BioTek
Test Type: Blood Spot
Collection Location: At Home
Collection Instructions & Videos
Key Things to Know
- Maintain your usual diet and consume a variety of foods within a couple weeks prior to blood collection, unless advised otherwise by your healthcare practitioner.
- There is a $15 fee for insufficient or unlabeled specimens received per US BioTek.
- It takes 5-10 business days from when your sample has been received at the lab to when your results are sent to your provider.
- US Biotek does not accept specimens from New York and Pennsylvania.
- Avoid strong repetitive pressure (’milking’) on the pricked finger. This may cause hemolysis or tissue-fluid contamination of the specimen.
- Do not rub or smear the blood sample.
- Air dry only.
- Allow a sufficient quantity of blood to soak through to completely fill in the preprinted circle on the filter paper.
- Collection instructions
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
- Your test is paid for. You do NOT need to provide further payment.
- Use prepaid return shipping provided in test kit.