Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Whole Blood
Collection Location: In Lab
Whole blood metals are the standard for diagnosis of lead, mercury or other metal toxicity or poisoning, and are also used to assess recent or ongoing exposure to potentially toxic elements. Whole blood analysis measures total element levels that circulate extracellularly in serum/plasma, as well as intracellularly within blood cells.
Key Things To Know
- This test requires a blood draw. The Rupa team will let you know where you should get your blood drawn, otherwise reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is recommended that the blood be drawn before breakfast after an overnight fast.
- Please refrain from taking non-essential medications, and dietary supplements that contain minerals for 72 hours prior to the specimen collection, unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- You'll need to ship the sample to the lab Monday-Friday via Fedex Pickup. See instructions in the shipping section.
- It is recommended to discontinue any non-essential supplements 72h prior to collection
- No special diet required
- Fasting overnight prior to the blood draw is recommended
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Read Collection Instructions
- Instructions are also attached to this article
1) Ship specimens Monday through Friday. If you complete the collection on the weekend, hold the specimen until the following Monday to ship.
2) Place the cardboard kit box containing the specimens and the completed test requisition form into the FedEx Clinical Pak.
3) Write your name and address in the space provided on the prepaid Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records.
4) To schedule a pickup, call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800-GO FEDEX). When you hear the automated greeting, say “Schedule a Pick-up.” At the next prompt, say “Schedule a Pick-up with a Label or
Stamp.” You will then be asked if the word “Stamp” is written on the waybill; reply “Yes”. You will be asked if your pickup location is a residence or a business; respond with your location type. You will then be prompted for your address information. Do not use a drop box. FedEx will not accept specimens placed into a drop box.
- Results will be ready 3-5 business days after the sample is received at the lab
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data