Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
The ONE FMV is a unique combination of nutritional tests that provides an analysis of key nutritional biomarkers in one convenient urine collection. Requiring only a first morning void (FMV) urine collection, the ONE FMV nutritional test is a convenient patient-friendly way to assess the functional need for antioxidants, B-vitamins, minerals, digestive support, and amino acids. Insights gained from the ONE FMV nutritional test provides allows clinicians to target nutritional therapies to the precise needs of their patients.
Key Things to Know:
- This is an at-home urine test
- The kit is shipped back to the lab via Fedex pickup M-F, which you can read about below
4 Days before the test: discontinue all of the following (unless instructed otherwise by your physician): Non-essential medications including acetaminophen and over-thecounter cold remedies; any vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbal supplements taken regularly – including enhanced sports drinks, energy drinks, and vitamin waters.
2 days before the test: (unless instructed otherwise by your physician) Discontinue creatine, alpha-ketoglutarate, and malic acid supplements, as well as citrate, malate, or orotate forms of minerals.
24 hrs before the test: Avoid eating or drinking any products containing aspartame (Nutra-Sweet, Equal, Spoonful) and monosodium glutamate (MSG), and avoid overconsuming any single food. Otherwise, eat your usual diet. Limit fluid intake to eight 8- ounce glasses of fluid over a 24 hour period.
Scheduling your Test
- Female patients should not collect urine during a menstrual period.
- Fast overnight (at least 8 hours) prior to the urine collection.
- Plan for Monday-Friday collection only: Specimens must be received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
- Contact FedEx and schedule to ship the specimen overnight delivery Monday - Friday. Sample MUST be stored frozen at least 2 hours before shipping.
- Freeze the enclosed freezer brick a minimum of 8 hours before shipping.
- Complete the requisition form with all patient and billing information. Be sure it is signed by the Patient/Responsible Party and the healthcare provider
Collection Instructions & Videos
- You can read the instructions here
- Instructions PDF is also attached
- Fill out your information, including insurance information (if it’s not on there already)
- Genova will contact you directly about the remaining portion after they bill your insurance
- Be sure to fill out your online patient survey once you have completed your collection at www.gdx.net/prc so they can contact you
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Plan to ship the specimen Monday – Friday overnight delivery.
- Call 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) to schedule shipping. When the automated system asks “How may I help you?” say “Return a Package”. Tell the FedEx representative “I am using a billable stamp” and they will walk you through the process and make it easy.
- Lay the bag with urine specimens on top of the freezer brick in the foam box. Secure the foam box lid with the rubber band.
- Slide the foam box back inside the kit box, and place the completed and signed requisition on top before closing. Do not staple or tape the box.
- Print your name and address in the section marked “From” on the prepaid shipping envelope label. DO NOT mark or write in any other sections.
- Put the kit box into the envelope and seal the envelope.
- Keep your shipment and tracking numbers for future reference and tracking purposes.
- After the lab has received your sample, it takes on average 14 days to get results
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or by calling 669-500-0380.