Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Plasma
Collection Location: In Lab
Key Things to Know:
- This test requires a blood draw. You'll need to either go into a draw site or schedule a mobile phlebotomist to get this done
- This test requires fasting for 8-12 hours, so most people get their blood drawn in the morning
- There's no need to fast prior to taking the test
- The specimen will need to be shipped within 48 hours of collection
Links to Collection Instructions & Videos
- Note that you'll need to schedule a blood draw to get this test done. Contact Rupa at email@example.com to figure this out, if your practitioner hasn't given you instructions around this.
- Collection Instructions PDF
- This PDF is also attached to this article
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- From when your sample is received at the lab, it'll take 14 days for results to be ready
- We release results to your doctor directly
- Your doctor will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics