Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Blood Spot
Collection Location: At Home
A Convenient Finger-Stick Test for Evaluating Key Fatty Acids
Fatty acid imbalances can be a causative factor in a variety of chronic health conditions. The Fatty Acids Profile – Bloodspot assesses the critical balance between essential Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. The Fatty Acids Profile – Bloodspot can indicate the need for fatty acid supplementation and/or dietary modification.
Key Things to Know:
- This is an at-home test done via bloodspot
- You should ship your specimen within 48h of collection
- You'll need to fast for 8h prior to collecting the sample
- It is best to ship your specimen within 48 hours of collection. Please refer to the enclosed shipping instructions before you collect to determine what days you can ship your specimen.
- Patient must be fasting for 8 hours. Patient may have water.
- It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements prior to this test. Abnormalities that may be found will reveal special needs that have not been met by recent dietary and supplemental intake
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Read Collection Instructions
- PDF Instructions are also attached
Requisition & Payment:
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- After sample is received at the lab, it generally takes 10 days for results to be in
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together