Test Company: Genova Diagnostics
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
Collection Instructions & Videos
Planning & Prepping
- 48 hours before the test: Avoid eating (whole or ground) flax seeds and sesame seeds for at least 48 hours before urine collection begins. Delay collection if you have a urinary tract infection until after completing treatment.
- 1 day before the test: Avoid over hydration. Aim for average overall fluid intake of 1/2 oz water/fluid per pound of body weight per day. Example: 130 lbs -65 oz. (eight 8 oz. glasses)
If you paid the full test price to Rupa up front:
- You won't need to pay or do anything else.
- Don't worry about filling out payment or insurance sections on the requisition.
- Make sure "Clinician Bill" is checked off.
If you're going through insurance for the test:
- You paid Rupa Health the Initial Insurance price for the test
- Genova will bill your insurance company for the remainder of the test price
- Genova will contact you if there is any remaining balance
- Make sure to fill in your insurance information on the requisition form
- Plan to ship the specimen Monday – Thursday overnight delivery
- Call 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) to schedule shipping. When the automated system asks “How may I help you?” say “Return a Package”. Tell the FedEx representative “I am using a billable stamp” and they will walk you through the process and make it easy.
- Be sure to keep your tracking number for future reference and tracking purposes.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Genova Diagnostics