Test Company: Labrix by Doctor's Data
Test Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
This test takes a comprehensive look at neurotransmitter secretion and the metabolism of these markers: Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Epinephrine, Glutamate, Glycine, Histamine, and Phenethylamine), DOPAC, 3-MT, Normetanephrine, Metanephrine, 5 HIAA, Tryptamine, Tyrosine, Tyramine, and Taurine.
Key Things to Know:
This is a urine test done at home
A special diet is required up to 2 days before collection (see below)
One day before and during collection, you should avoid strenuous exercise, alcohol, coffee, tea, and caffeinated beverages, tobacco or nicotine products
You must ship this test out M-F via Fedex Pickup.
Collection Instructions & Videos
2 Days Before Collection
Avoid avocados, eggplant, tomatoes, bananas, melons, pineapple, grapefruit, plums, nuts, nut butters, wine, cheese, rice, and chocolate
1 Day Before and During Collection
Avoid strenuous exercise, alcohol, coffee, tea, and caffeinated beverages, tobacco or nicotine products
Day of Collection
It is preferable to be off supplements and medications including those that regulate allergy, mood, sleep, pain, and inflammation.
Preparing the Package
1. Ship Monday - Friday only. You will be charged a pick-up fee if you call for a Saturday pick-up. Weekend or holiday collection: keep the specimen in the freezer until the following business day to ship.
2. Complete all paperwork, including requisition form and patient survey.
3. Place items into the cardboard kit box in the following order: - Insulated cooler - Plastic bag with frozen specimen tube, zipped closed - Frozen ice pack - Requisition form, patient survey, and payment (if applicable)
4. Replace the lid of the cooler, and close the cardboard box. Place inside the Clinical Pak. Write your name and address on the Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records. Place on FedEx Clinical Pak.
Scheduling The Pickup
Call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800-GO FEDEX). At the greeting, say “Schedule a Pick-up.” When prompted, say “Schedule a Pick-up using a Label or Stamp.” Reply “Yes” when asked if the word “Stamp” is written on the waybill. You will then be asked for your address information. DO NOT USE A DROP BOX.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Labrix by Doctor's Data