This is a help article/cheat sheet for a combination of several arrays from Cyrex Laboratories. One kit from Cyrex can cover all the arrays you need to get done. This includes food sensitivity arrays as well as the Alzheimers test.
Test Company: Cyrex Laboratories
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: In Lab
Key Things to Know:
- One Cyrex kit can cover all the arrays you need to get done, including the Alzheimers LINX
- There's no fasting requirement, but try to stay hydrated the day before and morning of collection
- Try to avoid a high-fat meal prior to blood draw
- Detailed specimen collection instructions regarding fasting are included in each Specimen Collection Kit, which must be read before collecting any specimens.
- Blood testing has no fasting requirements or collection restrictions.
- However, eating a high fat meal prior to your blood draw can cause your serum specimen to be lipemic. Lipemic specimens are rejected by Cyrex Labs.
- One day before your test, drink 64 ounces of water throughout the day. Drink at least 16 ounces of water on the morning of the test
Collection Instructions & Videos
You'll need to go into a lab draw site to get this test completed. You can locate a a blood draw center and schedule your appointment here.
You'll need to enter a requisition ID and confirmation ID, which can be found at the top right of the requisition that came with the test kit. See the screeshot attached to find them.
Note: you'll need to print the authorization page and bring it with you to the blood draw.
Shipping Your Kit
- Please take your lab kit directly to a shipping facility like FedEx or UPS and ship your kit to: ACCESSIONING (602) 759-1245 CYREX LABORATORIES 2602 S. 24 TH STREET PHOENIX, AZ 85034
- We recommend shipping overnight or 2-day air to allow for any unforeseeable issue/s with crossing country borders.
- The specimen must reach the lab within seven (7) days of the blood draw. If the specimen arrives after 7 days, it will be discarded by the lab.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Cyrex Laboratories