NeuroBasic Profile - 24 hr
Lab Company: Labrix by Doctor's Data
Sample Type: Urine
Collection Location: At Home
The NeuroBasic Profile measures inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitters to determine neurotransmitter imbalances. These instructions are for the 24-hour collection.
|🔑 Key Details||📦 Shipping|
|⏰ Preparation & Timing||📊 Results|
|🧪 Collection Instructions||📚 More Resources|
| 💳 Requisition & Payment
- Do not collect while menstruating.
- Certain foods should be avoided for 24-48 hours prior to and during collection.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and the use of tobacco or nicotine products for 24 hours prior to and during collection.
- Avoid supplements and medications on the day of collection, if possible.
- The sample can only be shipped Monday - Friday.
- The sample and the provided ice pack should be frozen for at least 4-6 hours prior to shipping.
- Keep in the freezer until you ship.
Preparation & Timing
- Do not collect while menstruating.
- Avoid the following foods for 48 hours prior to and during collection.
- Nut butter
- Avoid the following foods, products, and activities for 24 hours prior to and during collection.
- Caffeinated beverages
- Tobacco products
- Nicotine products
- Strenuous exercise
- Avoid supplements and medications on the day of collection.
- Consult with your healthcare practitioner prior to discontinuing any prescription medications.
- You will be collecting urine beginning with the second urination of day 1 and ending with the first urination of day 2.
- When you wake up, urinate and do not collect.
- You will collect your urine for 24 hours.
- The collection period will start with your second urination on day 1.
- The collection period will end with your first urination on day 2.
- For each urination, collect urine in the collection cup.
- Pour the urine into the large orange collection container.
- Place the collection container in the refrigerator.
- Once all of the urine has been collected, place the orange collection container on a level surface.
- Read the volume from the markings on the container.
- On the requisition form, note the total volume you collected.
- Shake the large container to mix the urine.
- Pour the urine into the specimen vial.
- Do NOT touch or discard the preservative in the vial.
- Fill the vial to the FILL LINE.
- Do NOT underfill.
- Close the vial tightly.
- Gently shake the tube to mix the urine with the preservative.
- Place the vial in the plastic ziplock bag with the absorbent material.
- Seal the bag.
- Freeze the urine sample and the provided ice pack for at least 4-6 hours.
- Keep the sample in the freezer until you are ready to ship.
Requisition & Payment
- Your kit has been prepaid. You DO NOT need to pay anything extra.
- Instructions on how to fill out your requisition can be found HERE.
- Since you pre-paid for your tests, you do not need to fill in the payment information on any of these forms.
- Make sure to note the total volume of urine collected.
- Ship Monday - Friday only.
- Freeze the ice pack for at least 4-6 hours prior to shipping.
- To prepare your samples for shipping.
- Remove the urine sample from the freezer.
- Place the insulated cooler into the cardboard test kit box.
- Place the urine sample in the insulated cooler.
- Place the frozen ice pack into the insulated cooler.
- Place the completed test requisition form into the insulated cooler.
- Place the lid on the cooler and close the cardboard box.
- Place the cardboard box into the FedEx Clinical Pak.
- Fill in your information on the Billable Stamp and place it on the FedEx Clinical Pak.
- Keep the customer receipt.
- Make a note of your tracking number so that you can track the sample back to the lab.
- Ship using FedEx.
- Do NOT place your samples in a FedEx drop box.
- You can schedule a FedEx pickup by calling 1-800-463-3339.
- At the automated greeting, say, "schedule a pickup."
- At the next prompt, say, "schedule a pickup with a label or stamp."
- You will be asked if the waybill says "stamp" - say, "yes."
- Then give your address information.
- Results should be released to your provider 5-7 business days after samples are received at the lab. We cannot guarantee processing time.
- Your provider will notify you when your results are in and schedule a follow-up appointment for you to review them together.
- Your provider may choose to release your results to you. Rupa cannot release your results without provider authorization.