🩸Blood Test Overview
🩸What to Expect!
Your provider has submitted an order for you that requires a blood draw! So what’s next? Here, you can find the step-by-step guide to completing your test. If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com.
What to Expect Throughout the Process
Before the test:
- You’ll receive a personalized instructions email from Rupa with everything you need to know about what kind of blood sample is needed and how to prepare for your test before your kit ships!
- If your test requires a blood draw, your instructions e-mail will include local phlebotomy options for you to call and schedule an appointment.
- Next you’ll receive the test kit in the mail and review its contents. You’ll bring the entire test kit and requisition form with you to the blood draw.
- Prepare yourself! 😄
- Freeze your cold packs and additional samples as necessary
- Drink lots water
- Understand how to adjust your medications or diet for the test
- Check to see if your blood test requires you to be fasting
During the test:
- Bring your entire test kit and requisition form with you to the blood draw!
- Phlebotomist will process and package the sample for you 📦
- Phlebotomist will ship the completed kit (note, in some situations, you will have to drop the ship off at a carrier! All postage is pre-paid.)
After the test:
- Be aware of the turnaround times for your lab!
- Results will be directly released to your practitioner once they are ready 📄