Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Stool
Collection Location: At Home
Planning & Prepping
- Unless otherwise instructed by your provider:
- Complete all antifungal or antibiotic medication 3 days prior to collection.
- 2 days prior to collection (and during) avoid taking digestive enzymes, antacids, and aspirin.
- 2 weeks prior to collection avoid taking probiotic supplements for two weeks prior to specimen collection.
Collection Instructions & Videos
- Instructions are attached to the bottom of this page.
- Collect your first stool specimen into the collection container. DO NOT contaminate the specimen with either urine or water from the toilet.
- Unscrew the cap on the yellow-capped vial and transport stool specimen into the vial. Take multiple portions from different areas of the collection container.
- Be sure to not overfill. Screw on the cap and shake aggressively for 30 seconds.
An example req is attached, showing how to fill out the sections. Instructions are also here:
In section 1: Please check off "Practitioner Bill"
In section 2: If the practitioner signature is missing don't worry. The barcode at the top contains their e-signature. You don't need to fill anything out here.
Write your doctor's name under "Murdoc Khaleghi"
In section 3: Please fill in the date collected, and date shipped.
In section 4: Please fill out your personal information. This is a security step.
- You do NOT need to provide further payment. Your test has been prepaid and has a prepaid shipping label.
- Ship specimens Monday through Friday. If you complete the collection on the weekend, hold the specimen until the following Monday to ship.
- Place the cardboard kit box containing the specimens and the completed test requisition form into the FedEx Clinical Pak.
- Write your name and address in the space provided on the prepaid Billable Stamp and tear off the Customer Receipt for your records.
- To schedule a pickup, call FedEx toll-free at 1-800-463-3339 (1-800- GO FEDEX). When you hear the automated greeting, say “Schedule a Pick-up.” At the next prompt, say “Schedule a Pick-up with a Label or Stamp.” You will then be asked if the word “Stamp” is written on the waybill; reply “Yes”. You will be asked if your pickup location is a residence or a business; respond with your location type. You will then be prompted for your address information. Do not use a drop box. FedEx will not accept specimens placed into a drop box.
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data