Celiac & Gluten Sensitivity
Test Company: Doctor's Data
Test Type: Serum
Collection Location: In Lab
Planning & Prepping
- At least 8 hours prior to collection: Freezer brick must be frozen a minimum of 8 hours before shipping.
- Specimens must be received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
- To ensure the accuracy of test results, please observe the following:
- If testing for food antibodies, it is suggested that the patient eat a variety of foods for 2-3 weeks prior to food antibody testing (except for foods that are known to cause severe reactions). Doing so will help to ensure the presence of antibodies to allergenic foods.
- The following medications may impact the antibody test: Glucocorticosteroids (e.g., oral prednisone and/or steroid metered-dose inhaler), chemotherapy, immunosuppressive agents (e.g., Humira, Rituxan) and NSAIDS (e.g., Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Tylenol, Aspirin). Do not discontinue medications without consulting your doctor.
- Non-interfering factors to the antibody test: antibiotics, antihistamines, and antidepressants.
- Test may be inaccurate if the patient has liver damage or HIV infection.
- This is a blood test. You will need to schedule a blood draw and will have to pay a fee.
An example req is attached, showing how to fill out the sections. Instructions are also here:
In section 1: Please check off "Practitioner Bill"
In section 2: If the practitioner signature is missing don't worry. The barcode at the top contains their e-signature. You don't need to fill anything out here.
In section 3: Please fill in the date collected, and date shipped.
In section 4: Please fill out your personal information. This is a security step.
Write your doctor's name under "Murdoc Khaleghi"
- Your provider will notify you when results are in and schedule a follow-up to review them together
More Resources from Doctor's Data