Payment FAQs 💳
Can I use insurance for my lab tests?
Rupa Health accepts payments for lab tests, but we don't interact with your insurance directly in any case.
You can pay for tests using a credit card, an HSA (Health Savings Account) card, or an FSA (Flexible Spending Account) card. You can also pursue insurance coverage retroactively through your insurance company by submitting your Rupa Health invoice receipt.
Rupa only supports insurance ordering for Diagnostic Solutions stool tests. These tests can be ordered through Medicare if your practitioner indicates this up-front.
How can I use an HSA or FSA card to pay for testing?
You can put your HSA or FSA card number right on the payment page.
Note that some HSA/FSA providers have strict requirements on what vendors they accept. For this reason, it's possible that your card will fail even though lab testing through Rupa is HSA-eligible. If this happens, you can reach out to your HSA or FSA provider and see if you can submit your Rupa receipt retroactively to them.
Can I get a Superbill or a receipt to submit to my insurance?
We provide an itemized receipt for lab tests paid through Rupa Health. To submit this to your insurance, you'll also need ICD-10 diagnosis codes from your provider and CPT procedural codes for your labs. You can get these CPT codes from each individual lab by reaching out to the lab directly. Here's how to contact them.
You can find more information on the Superbill process, including a template to use, in the article HERE.
What is your return policy for kits?
Patients have 365 days from payment to return a lab test kit. To be eligible for a return, the kit must be unused.
How to Initiate a Return
- Send an email with the test kit name to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a cancellation. Upon receipt of the request, Rupa will check refund eligibility.
- If eligible for a refund, Rupa will request a photo of the kit with the requisition ripped up.
- Send a photo of the kit with the requisition ripped up.
- After Rupa receives a photo of the destroyed requisition form, the refund will be processed.
- All cancellations must be requested within 365 days of payment to be eligible for a refund.
- No refunds will be issued after test samples arrive at the lab.
- The refund will be for the full price of the test and will be returned to the original payment method.
- The Rupa processing and ordering fee is non-refundable.
- All shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- Certain exclusions apply.*
*These kits are non-refundable:
- COVID-19 antibody tests from any lab
- All tests from the following labs:
- Cyrex Laboratories
- DNA RX
- SpectraCell Laboratories
*The following tests are refundable but a $35 service will be subtracted from your refund:
- All tests from Vibrant America and Vibrant Wellness
Except for any products designated on the Rupa site as final sale or non-returnable, we will accept product cancellations and provide you with a refund of your purchase price, less the original processing and ordering fee and original shipping and handling costs. Products from the following labs are always final sale and are not returnable: Cyrex Laboratories, DNA RX, and SpectraCell Laboratories.
Refunds are processed within approximately ten business days of our receipt of the picture of the destroyed requisition form. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Rupa site. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-RETURNABLE OR FINAL SALE.