Frequently Asked Questions 🤔
What is Rupa Health?
Rupa Health is a tech platform that supports practitioners and patients with the lab testing process. We're not actually a lab, and we don't process samples. We handle payment, shipping and communication between your doctor and several specialty lab companies. Read more about us here.
What is the process?
- Your doctor places an order for lab testing through Rupa Health. This order may include testing from one or more laboratories.
- You'll receive an email from us with details about your lab test order.
- To move forward, you'll provide us with your shipping information, and in some cases, payment for the tests.
- We'll ship the kit(s) out to the address you specify.
- If your kit is an at-home test, you'll simply complete the test and ship it back to the lab with the pre-paid shipping label that comes inside the kit.
- If your kit requires a blood draw, you'll still need to wait until you receive a kit in the mail. You'll need to go into a lab to get your blood drawn. We will send you blood draw locations via email. You'll receive an email titled "Instructions for your Lab Tests".
- Bring the kit with you to the blood draw. The person that draws your blood will ship the kit back to the lab for you. Know that there may be an additional cost involved with the blood draw.
- Once the lab has processed your sample and results are ready, they'll be sent directly to your doctor, who can share them with you.
Payment & Insurance 💳
Check out our Payment and Insurance FAQs.
How do I complete my lab test? 🧪
Check out How do I complete my Lab Test?
How do I fill out the test requisition form?📄
Where can I view my results?
We send your lab test results directly to your practitioner, who can then share them with you. Legally we’re required to release results to your practitioner, who will then share with you. However, if you want to get them before - you can ask your provider if that’s ok, and once we hear from them, we can send them over.
What is the turnaround time for results?
Turnaround times vary by lab. They are calculated from the date that the sample is received at the lab. You can see a full list of them here.